Sunday, October 19, 2008

Counting lifes blessing

I am so thankful to be in remission for over a year now from my Crohn's Disease. I just want everyone to know that there is hope after all the pain and agony that it brings. I feel like my Crohn's was a blessing in disguise. It changed my life in such a positive way. Strange I know but true. I was in a job that I hated, partying with people that didn't care about me and living a life of misery beyond just pain and suffering. A life full of emptiness. After my surgery I realized that life is too short to just tread water. I wanted to move forward and I did. I have a career that I love, became closer to my family that I could ever imagine and fell in love with my soul mate. I also was able to weed out my true friends from people that were simply just there for the ride.

Yeah, Humira shots every other week is a pain in the ass but it pales in comparisson to having a TPN or throwing up and shitting my pants. I suppose another thing that Crohn's brings to it's victims is humility. You can't really have a big head when you shit yourself. Just throwing that out there!

No comments: